Monday, August 25, 2008

10 Miles

For the first time since the half-marathon I actually put on the running shoes! This week Haylee and I signed up for the SCO (Southern College of Optometry) 5K. We only have a month to get ready for it, so I thought I better start this week. I did a little over three miles on three different occasions. A few other students are preparing for the Memphis Marathon in December, but I think I'll stick with the shorter runs for now. It should be a fun race!

How's everyone else doing?

4 comments:

Whitney Blake said...

I am trying to decide whether I should sign up for the Nashville 1/2 of not.. I need to decide by this weekend. Way to go you two- that is AWESOME!

Bryce said...

Justin that is awesome about the Running. I sure have been enjoying being more active and getting myself into a little better shape. I know the physical heath plays a big part in the mental as well. Good luck in school

Haylee said...

THanks for the support too babe! I'm glad you help encourage me so that I can get my butt into gear... keep it up, even if I say it does bother me!:) Love you and thanks for the example you are to get fit and into shape.

Lane Blake said...

Good job guys! I have been trying to be a little more active now that I am in school as well. I have a half marathon in 15 days... so I guess it's time for me to get going! I had a good 5 mile run tonight!